Southwest EAP provides services to address and support the needs of individuals and/or departments in the event of a critical or traumatic incident in the workplace.
A critical incident can be defined as any situation that causes strong emotional reactions that can potentially interfere with an individual’s ability to function right after the incident or at a later time.
Crisis Response Services can be used in times including:
- Robbery or violent incident
- Death of an invidual
- A serious accident inside or outside the workplace
- Community tragedy
- Downsizing or Reduction in Force (RIF)
Presenteeism (employees being present but distracted) costs companies over $84 billion in lost productivity each year.
Absenteeism costs $3,125 per year per each employee.
The goals of Crisis Response Services are to reduce the impact of distressing events and to accelerate recovery before harmful stress reactions have a chance to damage the performance, health and well-being of those affected.
Just as no two crises are alike, Southwest EAP has a number of different response options to meet the needs of your organization during difficult times. These include:
- 24/7 consultation and support services
- On-site and off-site critical incident debriefing
- On-site and off-site grief and loss counseling (individual or group session)
- Downsizing support
- Follow-up both via telephone and face-to-face
As Arkansas’ leading local EAP Provider, Southwest EAP is there, in person, when you need us.