Employee Counseling Services
Southwest EAP has over 30 years of experience in designing and implementing Employee Assistance Programs for Arkansas businesses. Employee counseling services are an integral part of our EAP services, to help your employees address and resolve personal issues that can affect job performance - whether those issues are related to the workplace or the employee’s personal life.
We have experienced professional counselors on staff to provide your employees with a full range of employee assistance program services. Employees can enter the program through:
- Self Referral
- Concerned Referral (supervisor or co-worker recommendation)
- Management Referral
Employee Counseling Services Support
- 24/7 access to professional EAP counselors and crisis intervention – provided for all employees and dependents.
- 800 toll-free number – for crisis intervention.
- Confidential assessment, short-term face-to-face consultations, referral and follow-up – for individual, marriage and family counseling for substance, financial, legal, family, stress, health, personal or work related issues.
- Special services for substance-dependent employees – these include assessment, treatment planning, referral & case management, family education sessions, coordination between company, family, & treatment resources, and aftercare coordination for chemically dependent employees & family
- Individual life skills training – one-on-one training in the skills a person needs in order to successfully live in today's world. These include knowing how to work at a job, be part of a team, manage money, manage time, live as part of a family and learn effective communication skills.
- Life & career coaching - to help people who are going through transition phases in their lives, with a focus on helping employees & supervisors plan goals and take steps to realize them. Our trained counselors help employees at all levels of need reach their goals.
- Legal and financial consultation - Southwest EAP uses a national network of attorneys, each of whom have a minimum of five years’ practice. Referrals provide information & resources to help employees make informed decisions on legal matters. Financial consultations provide access to counselors with a broad range of experience in financial services, including licensed CPAs & experienced financial advisors.
- 1-3, 1-5, 1-6 and 1-8 session models available
- Guaranteed appointment availability
- Strict confidentiality - Southwest EAP complies with all federal & state confidentiality statutes, including but not limited to HIPAA, as well as the ethics and professional standards established by the Employee Assistance Professionals Association & the Employee Assistance Society of North America. All records are stored electronically in a HIPAA compliant database.
Employee Counseling Services Online Resources
Southwest EAP’s interactive website enables employees and supervisors to search over 5,000 articles, take online assessments, utilize financial calculators and complete self-development courses on a wide range of topics. Some of the topics covered on our website include:
- Mental health issues
- Drug & alcohol information
- Financial information
- Legal issues
- Workplace concerns
Self-assessments are available on the site, as well as Employee Assistance Program contact information. Employees can also use the website to contact Southwest EAP, schedule an appointment, request information, or speak with a counselor. Our website features responsive design for easy use on mobile devices.